In just three days we are celebrating our 8th anniversary, on Thursday November 18th! I am organizing the event, which will be at Whitney Art Works gallery, 492 Congress Street, in Portland from 5:30-8:30pm, and I want to give you a sneak preview.
We will have ample organic wine, organic chocolate samples from Equal Exchange, and appetizers and desserts donated from numerous local businesses that make delicious homemade treats including 13th Cookie, Aurora Provisions, Local Sprouts, Standard Bakery, Pineland Farms, and Borealis Breads!
While enjoying delicious food and drink, you can meet or catch up with the staff of the Environmental Health Strategy Center, visit with friends, and talk with new people who support preventing cancer, learning disabilities, and reproductive problems by eliminating dangerous chemicals from our everyday products.
And at 6pm you can support outgoing Governor John Baldacci as we award him the first ever Frank Hatch Environmental Health Leadership Award for his role in promoting safer alternatives to toxic chemicals in common products in Maine.
In addition, we will have a wide variety of fantastic items for you to bid on in our silent auction! Check out some of the great gifts you can give for the holidays:
- A one-night stay with breakfast for 2 at Nebo Lodge on North Haven Island ($150 value).
- A $50 gift certificate to Fore Street restaurant in Portland.
- Two Sunrise Guides (each a $20 value), which are a healthy and green living coupon book for southern and coastal Maine.
- An eco-friendly basket of dog goodies from Planet Dog ($135 value).
- A 10-visit punch card for Greenlight Studio, a play space for young children in Portland ($85 value).
- A $20 gift certificate to Skillins Greenhouses.
- A one-hour massage therapy gift certificate ($70 value) to Tim Mclain massage, located in Monument Square, Portland.
- A one month yoga pass ($100 value) to Lila East End Yoga in Portland.
- A pottery bowl from Edgecomb Potters ($50 value).
- A Happy Green Bee organic outfit for a 6-month to 1-year-old ($62 value).
- And many more!
I hope you can stop by our anniversary party and bid on some of these items. If you can’t make it on the 18th and want to make a bid, you can send your bid before the event to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 699-5789 and I will add your bid to the bidding sheets.